September 16, 2021 Covid19 update:
Dear Friends of Providence Renewal Centre,
Once again, we are faced with the same challenges as every other business, faith community, and gathering place. In keeping with public health regulations, we have implemented new measures to ensure the safety of our guests and staff.
Starting September 20th, Providence Renewal Centre will be implementing the Restrictions Exemption Program according to AHS website. Our guidelines are as follows:
Proof of vaccination is required
- o single dose accepted between September 20 and October 25 if received 2 weeks before time of service
- o double doses required after October 25
- documentation of a medical exemption
- proof of a privately paid negative PCR or rapid test within 72 hours of service (tests from AHS or Alberta Precision Laboratories not allowed)
Proof of negative test
To enter spaces participating in the Restrictions Exemption Program, people aged 12 and older can show proof of a negative test result.
- Tests must be privately paid COVID-19 PCR or rapid tests completed within 72 hours.
- Tests must not be from Alberta Health Services or Alberta Precision Laboratories.
Proof of vaccination
To enter spaces participating in the Restrictions Exemption Program, people ages 12 and older can provide proof of vaccination or documentation of a medical exemption.
- Sept. 20 to Oct. 25: proof of a single dose is considered acceptable as long as the dose was given more than 2 weeks before the time of service.
- After Oct. 25: proof of double vaccination is required.
If you have any further questions, please call us at 780- 430-9491
Although these measures are somewhat restrictive, this is still a wonderful time to come to our Centre to hold your meeting in our comfortable conference rooms, to host a retreat in a facility that is “away from it all” but still in a major urban centre, or to take advantage of our quiet space to refresh yourself.
We offer several conference/meeting rooms that can accommodate small groups of four to large groups of over 100, bedrooms with bathrooms, a private dining room for special events, or just for meals in private; a main dining room with capacity to seat 150 people; a chapel, a library, and five small sitting rooms. We also utilize our space for a variety of excellent programs and retreats aimed at nourishing the spiritual lives of people. Our facility is a perfect place to gather, to meet, to pray, to learn, and to grow. Click the links to learn more about our fabulous facility and our excellent programs.
Hospitality is one of our key values and people feel this value from the time they walk in the door until they leave. The coffee is always on and the staff are welcoming, competent and helpful.
We are waiting to welcome you!
Providence Renewal Centre is a Retreat/Conference centre established by the Sisters of Providence and animated by their spirit of compassion and strong belief in Gospel values. Providence Renewal Centre is committed to providing:
- Christian hospitality
- a welcoming environment conducive to fostering personal, communal and organizational development
- programs addressing spiritual, educational and holistic growth
- facilities and services that are consistent with the needs and interests of the broader community.
Providence Renewal Centre strives to be the human face of God’s Providence in an ever-changing world.
Click to subscribe to our email list