August 10, Covid19 update: Information on Re-opening Plans
Dear Friends of Providence Renewal Centre,
As re-opening plans unfold within the community and here at our Centre, we are faced with the same challenges as every other business, faith community, and gathering place, with one additional concern: how do we welcome you into our space safely while also keeping the Sisters who also live in our Complex safe, especially the more vulnerable Sisters?
Therefore, we are following the health and safety measures from Alberta Health Services to ensure the safety of our clients and employees. These measures include:
· Physical distancing is in place.
· Face masks are now mandatory in all indoor public places, including our lobby and halls, etc. No eating or drinking is allowed in these areas.
· We have limited the capacity of our conference rooms to no more than 50%.
· Enhanced cleaning protocols, including regular disinfecting and sanitizing of high-touch areas.
· Providing hand sanitizer and encouraging guest use of it.
· Guests are not allowed to share bedrooms unless they are from the same family or cohort.
We are NOT able to offer food service in our cafeteria at all.
We ask you to be mindful that we are working with a reduced staff, which brings with it challenges as we try to meet the needs of our clients while maintaining appropriate protocols. We ask for your patience and understanding.
Although these measures are somewhat restrictive, this is still a wonderful time to come to our Centre to hold your meeting in our comfortable conference rooms, to host a retreat in a facility that is “away from it all” but still in a major urban centre, or to take advantage of our quiet space to refresh yourself and replenish your spirit.
Take care and stay safe!
We offer several conference/meeting rooms that can accommodate small groups of four to large groups of over 100, bedrooms with bathrooms, a private dining room for special events, or just for meals in private; a main dining room with capacity to seat 150 people; a chapel, a library, and five small sitting rooms. We also utilize our space for a variety of excellent programs and retreats aimed at nourishing the spiritual lives of people. Our facility is a perfect place to gather, to meet, to pray, to learn, and to grow. Click the links to learn more about our fabulous facility and our excellent programs.
Hospitality is one of our key values and people feel this value from the time they walk in the door until they leave. The coffee is always on and the staff are welcoming, competent and helpful.
We are waiting to welcome you!
Providence Renewal Centre is a Retreat/Conference centre established by the Sisters of Providence and animated by their spirit of compassion and strong belief in Gospel values. Providence Renewal Centre is committed to providing:
- Christian hospitality
- a welcoming environment conducive to fostering personal, communal and organizational development
- programs addressing spiritual, educational and holistic growth
- facilities and services that are consistent with the needs and interests of the broader community.
Providence Renewal Centre strives to be the human face of God’s Providence in an ever-changing world.
Click to subscribe to our email list